This course is all about your safety. Working at heights is dangerous and with so many hazards involved, any mistake could lead to serious injury or even death. The primary objective of this course is to make you aware of these hazards and to help in eliminating or reducing the risks of working at heights so that you and your co-workers can return unharmed to your families at the end of every working day. This course addresses the following topics:
Module 1: The working at heights standard
Module 2: Reason for inclusion
Module 3: Terminology
Module 4: Avoiding injuries in fall hazard areas
Module 5: Plant and equipment requirements
Module 6: System and procedural requirements
Module 7: People requirements
Who should complete the course?
This course is designed for all employees working at heights. It’s important to ensure that employees are trained to assess the risks associated with working at heights.
How will learners benefit?
Falls from heights have contributed to a significant proportion of fatalities and high-potential incidents. This course will guide learners to be able to do proper risk assessments and to plan well so that they can protect their own safety, complete their duties and return home safely to their families at the end of every day.
- Explain the importance of adhering to the working at heights standard.
- Identify the causes and factors contributing to fatalities, injuries and incidents.
- Follow the correct steps to avoid injuries in fall hazard areas.
- Conform to plant and equipment requirements.
- Conform to system and procedural requirements.
- Conform to people requirements.
Once the course has been completed, learners can test their understanding by giving the assessment questions a go.