The primary objective of this programme is to empower learners with the knowledge and skills required to become defensive drivers of light motor vehicles, thereby maximising their own safety and the safety of all other road users. With a focus on improving driver attitude and awareness, the programme aims to prepare learners how to react in the best way possible when faced with unexpected situations on the road. This course will address the following topics:
Module 1: Legislation
Module 2: Preparing a vehicle for the road
Module 3: Defensive driving
Module 4: Vehicle rollover prevention
Module 5: Adapting to different driving conditions
Module 6: Handling unexpected situations
Module 7: Fatigue management
Who should complete the course?
This course is designed for a diverse target audience. All drivers of light motor vehicles will benefit from taking this course, and will contribute to the safety of all road users. Learners should possess mid-level proficiency in English, and be adequately computer literate.
How will learners benefit?
By completing the Road Safety Excellence course, you will not only be familiarised with the behaviour, attitudes, and habits of defensive drivers, but you will also be able to:
- Identify legislative regulations pertaining to vehicle operations.
- Identify the steps to prepare a vehicle for the road.
- Recognise the different types of hazards and factors that cause accidents.
- Know how to observe and analyse different road situations.
- Identify the behaviour and attitude of a defensive driver.
- Explain basic driving techniques and best practices.
- Know how to prevent vehicle rollover.
- Explain how driving techniques should be adapted to different driving conditions.
- Know how to react in unexpected situations.
- Identify necessary elements of fatigue management.
Once the course has been completed, learners can test their understanding by giving the assessment questions a go.