This course aims to raise awareness about the role-specific processes and procedures before, during and after Dawn Raids.
- Module 1: Competition Act overview
- Module 2: Illegal business activities that prevent healthy competition in the market
- Module 3: Introduction to Dawn Raids
- Module 4: Preparing for a Dawn Raid
- Module 5: A company’s rights during a Dawn Raid
- Module 6: Dawn Raid search warrants
- Module 7: Gaining entry with or without a search warrant
- Module 8: The rights of Dawn Raid inspectors
- Module 9: Actions to take when Dawn Raid inspectors arrive
- Module 10: Actions to take after a Dawn Raid
Who should complete the course:
Companies conducting business, as well as staff members, should complete this course. Learners should be familiar with what the Competition Act stipulates, as well as the processes and procedures to follow prior and during a Dawn Raid. They must also possess mid-level proficiency in English, and be adequately computer literate. The company and the individual will gain invaluable information so as to prepare for a possible Dawn Raid.
How will learners benefit:
It is imperative to understand the business activities that are not permitted by the Competition Act and what rights a company and individuals have during a Dawn Raid.
Once you have completed the Dawn Raid course, you will be able to:
- Explain the objective of the Competition Act, and the purpose of the Competition Commission.
- Identify the different types of business activities that are illegal under the Competition Act, and those that are investigated by the Competition Commission.
- Define what Dawn Raids are.
- Explain how a company should prepare for Dawn Raids.
- List a company’s rights during a Dawn Raid.
- Explain what a search warrant is, and recognise whether it is a valid warrant or not.
- Explain the conditions under which a Dawn Raid inspector may enter and search a premise with or without a search warrant.
- Explain the rights of Dawn Raid inspectors.
- Describe the actions to be taken when Dawn Raid inspectors arrive.
- Describe the actions to be taken after a Dawn Raid.
Once the course has been completed, learners can test their understanding using the Dawn Raids assessment.