The course aims to raise awareness regarding anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices in South Africa. The course will focus on the harmful effects of corruption within both the public and private sector. Due to the potential consequences of a violation of this law, it is vital that all South Africans truly understand the destructive nature of corrupt activities, and the structures that exist to identify and expose them in South Africa.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Unpacking the concept: Common forms of corruption
- Module 3: Legislation
- Module 4: The purpose of PRECCA
- Module 5: Presumptions, defences and penalties
- Module 6: How to stop corruption: What can YOU do?
Who should complete the course?
It is in the interest of every individual working in both the public and private sectors to remain vigilant of corrupt activities. Thus, a wide variety of users will benefit from working through this course.
How will learners benefit?
By completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Raise awareness of bribery and corruption
- Explain how bribery and corruption occur within our society
- Identify measures that can be put in place to identify and expose corruption
- Unpack common forms of corruption
- Define bribery
- Understand the perceptions of corruption in South Africa
- Recognize other legislation that deals with anti-corruption and anti-bribery matters
- Identify gratification in the workplace
- Understand your duty in order to report corruption
- Understand the activities related to contracts and tenders
- Explain what conflicts of interest are
- Explain how to stop corruption in the workplace
Once the course has been completed, learners can test their understanding by completing the summative assessment consisting of 15 questions.